Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Hide & Seek Tunic





I made Elsie this Oliver & S Hide and Seek tunic about 6 weeks ago. Sooooo it's been washed and worn a lot before being blogged, as is my pattern lately. Still as adorable as ever, but that shot cotton I used on the yoke refuses to iron well. At least you can't see the spaghetti sauce stains near the birds, so there's that.









It's pony-tail weather now, which makes Elsie look like such a big kid. She loves this shirt a lot. She's more of pants girl than a dress girl, so it's great that most O&S dress designs come with tunic or blouse options. I loved putting this one together too. It didn't take too long, but it's a unique construction that lends itself to really cool color blocking options.









The bird border fabric is from Carrie Bloomston's first line Collage. I actually just saw her new Paint collection in person at Quilt Market over the weekend, and it's just as great as the first! There are some really cool prints that can be used uniquely in garment sewing. The yoke fabric isn't quite this dark in person and it's a Studio E Peppered Cotton. The tunic is sewn up in a size 3. 

Thanks so Liesl for sending me this pattern to try. As always, it was a joy to sew! You can pick yours up online here, or if you are local we carry the full line of paper patterns at Sewn Studio


Come back next week to see what I made for both kids with Rae's beautiful Lotus Pond fabric. After that, I really need to let the kids wear out their summer hand-me-downs and focus on finishing some quilting projects AND sewing more clothing for me. I've actually just finished up 2 Liesl & Co Metro tshirts that I love, so hopefully I can get pictures to share those soon too. 


7 comments:

  1. I'll take 4 Elsie's and a Hide and Seek Tunic for each, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is really cute! I like the tunic version. and gosh she's like a kid now. weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah! she is precious, that smile!!!!! I loved seeing you at market. Can't wait to see your metro tshirts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I love this! For whatever reason this pattern didn't catch me eye when it first came out but now I'm loving the different versions. And those birds are fabulous! My gal is a shorts/pants kid too so I always appreciate a good tunic pattern. Now to decide if I get this one now while my daughter is a size 4 or wait until she fits into the larger size range. Such tough decisions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove how you played with print/solid on this one - it's adorable. SHE'S adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, I totally agree that a little hairstylin' turns a toddler into a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable! I love the tunic on her.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.